Top Rated Male Enhancement Pills
Male enhancement pills typically target production of nitric oxide, testosterone, and growth hormone in order to increase libido and sexual performance in men 3. Nitric oxide (NO) is the free form gas that expands blood vessels, making erections possible. With more NO available to the body, sexual function increases. Testosterone and growth hormone are two hormones that are intimately involved with the male libido. By taking substances that increase NO, testosterone and growth hormone, men may enhance sexual function, stamina, libido and performance.
Extenze is a libido-enhancing product that combines potent herbs to improve sexual function, optimize hormonal levels and promote blood flow. DHEA and pregnenolone are potent legal prohormones that can increase testosterone. Tribulus, yohimbe, horny goat weed, deer antler extract, stinging nettle, muira puama and damiana may naturally support healthy testosterone levels 3. Arginine and cnidium monnier may help to support nitric oxide production, increasing blood flow to the penis. Besides boosting libido and sexual function, Extenze also claims to increase the length and girth of the penis.
- Extenze is a libido-enhancing product that combines potent herbs to improve sexual function, optimize hormonal levels and promote blood flow.
- Arginine and cnidium monnier may help to support nitric oxide production, increasing blood flow to the penis.
Side Effects of Taking Testosterone Supplements
First introduced as a growth hormone-boosting supplement, USP Labs' PowerFULL has become popular for supporting libido, particularly in aging males. A single dose of PowerFULL may increase growth hormone production by up to 221 percent. More growth hormone means more vitality, higher energy levels and a significant boost in libido. In addition, chlorophytum borivilianum can increase free testosterone in the blood. Users report better sleep and huge increases in sexual function, with no side effects, according to USP Labs.
- First introduced as a growth hormone-boosting supplement, USP Labs' PowerFULL has become popular for supporting libido, particularly in aging males.
Goliath Labs's Ejaculoid is a top-selling sexual health product, according to VitaminShoppe.com. The Ejaculoid formula claims to increase libido, sexual pleasure and semen volume. The powerful ingredients target both nitric oxide production and optimal testosterone levels 3. Maca root, tribulus terrestris, GABA and longjack work on hormonal stimulus, while horny goat weed, yohimbe and cnidium monnieri help to increase blood flow to the extremities. Users report huge increases in libido, as well as youthful feelings of vitality and energy.
- Goliath Labs's Ejaculoid is a top-selling sexual health product, according to VitaminShoppe.com.
- The Ejaculoid formula claims to increase libido, sexual pleasure and semen volume.
What Is a Safe Testosterone Booster That You Can Take?
Known for their potent herbal formulas, Irwin Naturals offers products with a fast liquid delivery system . Steel Libido may boost sexual performance and desire by giving blood vessel support to increase blood flow as well as targeted nutraceuticals and traditional botanicals for optimizing hormone levels. Arginine, horny goat weed and NADH, a form of niacin, increase blood flow to the extremities by optimizing nitric oxide production. DHEA, horny goat weed, tribulus, maca and CDP choline maximize testosterone and growth hormone levels to increase libido naturally 3. Take up to four caps two hours before activity for best results.
- Known for their potent herbal formulas, Irwin Naturals offers products with a fast liquid delivery system.
- Steel Libido may boost sexual performance and desire by giving blood vessel support to increase blood flow as well as targeted nutraceuticals and traditional botanicals for optimizing hormone levels.
Hormone production slows down as we age, decreasing libido. Amidren was formulated by anti-aging and endocrine specialists to counter this effect. The hormonal support complex uses tribulus, fenugreek and longjack to naturally increase testosterone levels 3. DIM, stinging nettle and chrysin help to decrease the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, which can lead to a loss of libido and lower male hormone levels 3. By addressing the five stages of male hormone modulation, Amidren helps increase libido and improve sexual function. Amidren may increase testosterone levels, increase muscle mass, decrease body fat and increase sexual drive and performance 3.
Side Effects of Taking Testosterone Supplements
What Is a Safe Testosterone Booster That You Can Take?
Alternatives for Legal Steroids
How Do I Take ZMA Anabolic Testosterone Booster?
OTC Testosterone Supplements
Natural Supplements for Hormone Balance
Chinese Home Remedies for Impotence
How to Use Tribulus
The Side Effects of DHEA in Relacore
- The Vitamin Shoppe: Intimacy Products
- Natural Anabolics; Jerry Brainum; 2008
- Optimizing Testosterone Levels in Aging Men
- Stanworth RD, Jones TH. Testosterone for the aging male; current evidence and recommended practice. Clin Interv Aging. 2008;3(1):25–44. doi:10.2147/cia.s190
- McBride JA, Carson CC 3rd, Coward RM. Testosterone deficiency in the aging male. Ther Adv Urol. 2016;8(1):47–60. doi:10.1177/1756287215612961
- Kumar P, Kumar N, Thakur DS, Patidar A. Male hypogonadism: Symptoms and treatment. J Adv Pharm Technol Res. 2010;1(3):297–301. doi:10.4103/0110-5558.72420
- Johnson JM, Nachtigall LB, Stern TA. The effect of testosterone levels on mood in men: a review. Psychosomatics. 2013;54(6):509-14.
- Rajfer J. Relationship between testosterone and erectile dysfunction. Rev Urol. 2000;2(2):122–128.
- Barrett-Connor E, Dam TT, Stone K, et al. The association of testosterone levels with overall sleep quality, sleep architecture, and sleep-disordered breathing. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93(7):2602–2609. doi:10.1210/jc.2007-2622
- Beauchet O. Testosterone and cognitive function: current clinical evidence of a relationship. Eur J Endocrinol. 2006;155(6):773-81.
- Golds G, Houdek D, Arnason T. Male Hypogonadism and Osteoporosis: The Effects, Clinical Consequences, and Treatment of Testosterone Deficiency in Bone Health. Int J Endocrinol. 2017;2017:4602129. doi:10.1155/2017/4602129
- Grossmann M, Thomas MC, Panagiotopoulos S, et al. Low testosterone levels are common and associated with insulin resistance in men with diabetes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93(5):1834-40.
- Cai Z, Xi H, Pan Y, et al. Effect of testosterone deficiency on cholesterol metabolism in pigs fed a high-fat and high-cholesterol diet. Lipids Health Dis. 2015;14:18. Published 2015 Mar 7. doi:10.1186/s12944-015-0014-5
- Ferrucci L, Maggio M, Bandinelli S, et al. Low testosterone levels and the risk of anemia in older men and women. Arch Intern Med. 2006;166(13):1380–1388. doi:10.1001/archinte.166.13.1380
- Nassar GN, Leslie SW. Physiology, Testosterone. [Updated 2018 Oct 27]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2019 Jan-.
- Rivas AM, Mulkey Z, Lado-Abeal J, Yarbrough S. Diagnosing and managing low serum testosterone. Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent). 2014;27(4):321–324. doi:10.1080/08998280.2014.11929145
- Kanakis GA, Nieschlag E. Klinefelter syndrome: more than hypogonadism. Metab Clin Exp. 2018;86:135-144.
- Sizar O, Schwartz J. Hypogonadism. [Updated 2019 Jun 4]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2019 Jan-.
- Nahata L, Yu RN, Bhasin S, Cohen LE. Management of testosterone therapy in adolescents and young men with hypogonadism: are we following adult clinical practice guidelines?. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2015;28(5-6):635-40.
- McBride JA, Carson CC, Coward RM. Diagnosis and management of testosterone deficiency. Asian J Androl. 2015;17(2):177–186. doi:10.4103/1008-682X.143317
- Crawford ED, Poage W, Nyhuis A, et al. Measurement of testosterone: how important is a morning blood draw?. Curr Med Res Opin. 2015;31(10):1911-4.
- Wersinger SR, Haisenleder DJ, Lubahn DB, Rissman EF. Steroid feedback on gonadotropin release and pituitary gonadotropin subunit mRNA in mice lacking a functional estrogen receptor alpha. Endocrine. 1999;11(2):137-43.
- Rhoden EL, Estrada C, Levine L, Morgentaler A. The value of pituitary magnetic resonance imaging in men with hypogonadism. J Urol. 2003;170(3):795-8.
- Snyder PJ, Kopperdahl DL, Stephens-Shields AJ, et al. Effect of Testosterone Treatment on Volumetric Bone Density and Strength in Older Men With Low Testosterone: A Controlled Clinical Trial [published correction appears in JAMA Intern Med. 2017 Apr 1;177(4):600] [published correction appears in JAMA Intern Med. 2019 Mar 1;179(3):457]. JAMA Intern Med. 2017;177(4):471–479. doi:10.1001/jamainternmed.2016.9539
- Huo S, Scialli AR, McGarvey S, et al. Treatment of Men for "Low Testosterone": A Systematic Review. PLoS One. 2016;11(9):e0162480. Published 2016 Sep 21. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0162480
- Armamento-Villareal R, Aguirre LE, Qualls C, Villareal DT. Effect of Lifestyle Intervention on the Hormonal Profile of Frail, Obese Older Men. J Nutr Health Aging. 2016;20(3):334–340. doi:10.1007/s12603-016-0698-x
- American Urological Association. Evaluation and management of testosterone deficiency.
- Grech A, Breck J, Heidelbaugh J. Adverse effects of testosterone replacement therapy: an update on the evidence and controversy. Ther Adv Drug Saf. 2014;5(5):190–200. doi:10.1177/2042098614548680
- American Urological Association, Evaluation and Management of Testosterone Deficiency.
- Fillo J, Breza J Jr, Ondrusova M, Luha J, Ondrus D, Dubravicky J, et al. Results of long term testosterone replacement therapy in men with abdominal obesity, erectile dysfunction and testosterone deficiency. Bratisl Lek Listy. 2018;119(9):577-580. doi:10.4149/BLL_2018_061
- Tremellen K, McPhee N, Pearce K, Benson S, Schedlowski M, Engler H. Endotoxin-initiated inflammation reduces testosterone production in men of reproductive age. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2018 Mar 1;314(3):E206-E213. doi:10.1152/ajpendo.00279.2017. Epub 2017 Nov 28.
Andrew Bennett enjoys exploring health and fitness through his personal workouts, as well as researching the latest about the subject. As a natural body builder, Bennett enjoys the ongoing pursuit of health and wellness in all aspects of life. He writes articles, blogs, copy, and even award-winning screenplays.